Thank you for choosing a Le Forge Furniture And Decoration product. Every unique feature in a home needs special care, here you will find information on the best ways to care for your Le Forge Furniture and Decoration purchase to maximise its life, ensuring you will enjoy it for years to come. Depending on your where you live and where you place your particular product including the location, like direct sunlight, its proximity sea air, heaters too close to the product, sharp objects, pets claws including too much moisture in the air and changes in the environment, all these may affect its longevity. Don't allow felt markers, glue, crayons, oil, vinegar, abrasives, sharp objects, pets or any object or excess water and liquids that will harm your product when they come in contact. If you are unsure please ask for our recommendation prior to purchase.
Le Forge is not responsible for the condition of furniture and goods that has been inapproriately used.
LE FORGE STEEL PRODUCTS
We recommend that follow the instructions you were given when you purchased our product on all your steel products to maintain and protect the finish of the item.
* All Le Forge Steel furniture is manufactured by hand and a galvanised or powdercoated finish is always required for both indoors and outdoors. Follow our care instructions as required to inhibit rust on your furniture, apply as often as appropriate to your location, more often if near the sea and salt conditions. If rust does appear (as it can from time to time) apply the recommended lacquer immediately. * Our rust finish (special order) does require maintenance, please enquire at time of purchase. * Tin furniture and products are not to be left outdoors and should be kept indoors only (unless the product has been galvanised or powdercoated)
Le Forge is not responsible for the condition of furniture that has had inappropriate use or items not purchased through Le Forge Sydney (The Museum Of Everything). Each piece is manufactured by hand therefore, sizes and finishes may vary slightly. Once furniture has left our showroom, the client is responsible for its protection and upkeep, the client is also responsible to protect flooring, rugs etc. Depending on usage, products with finishes applied to them (paint, powder coating, galvanising etc) may chip - we can advise on touch up information if required.
MARBLE TABLE TOPS
* Marble is a beautiful stone and extremely durable, Le Forge Furniture And Decoration use a second grade marble and we prefer to allow the marble to age and gain it's own character over time like the homes in Paris. * Place padding under any decoration you sit on top of your marble and we recommend you use coasters and place mats under dinnerware and glassware, don't place hot objects directly onto the surface. * Marble is porous and can stain easily, especially if liquid, food, acidic substances and wine is allowed to sit untouched on the surface for a period of time. Clean up any liquid including oil and marks from overhanging trees by using a soft cloth and very mild detergent with luke warm water. Never use vinegar or abrasive cleaners and always get professional advice from a marble cleaner should you require. * A regular wipe over your marble using a dry chamois will keep the surface free from dust and give it gentle buff.
CONCRETE TABLE TOPS
* A Le Forge Furniture And Decoration Concrete Table Top has been hand crafted and is a beautiful feature of your table and like any porous material requires maintenance to avoid stains. We prefer to allow the concrete to age and gain it's own character over time. * Place padding under any decoration you sit on top of your concrete and we recommend you use coasters and place mats under dinnerware and glassware, don't place hot objects directly onto the surface. * Concrete can stain easily especially if liquid, food, acidic substances and wine is allowed to sit untouched on the surface for a period of time. Your concrete table top will have a factory sealer although this does not stop liquids and food moisture penetrating the surface. Clean up any liquid including oil and marks from overhanging trees by using a soft cloth and very mild detergent with luke warm water. Never use vinegar, abrasive cleaners or scouring pads and always get professional advice for cleaning should you require. * A regular wipe over the top using a dry chamois will keep the surface free from dust. Reapply a sealer when required.
GLASS TABLE TOPS AND PRODUCTS
* Our glass table tops are hand cut to size with a polished edge, glass requires very little maintenance. * Place padding under any decoration you sit on top of your glass and we recommend you use coasters and placemats under dinnerware and glassware, don't place hot objects directly onto the surface., A weekly wipe with a slightly damp chamois will keep your glass table top or other glass product clean and shiny. Be careful not to let chairs or hard objects knock the edge which could chip the glass.
* Timber is from nature and has characteristics that make each piece unique, the knots, grain and colour all add to the beauty of each piece. Timber "moves" in differnt weather conditions, gaining and extracting moisture with the atmosphere during different times of the year. Dry weather will casue timber to shrink a little and correcting itself as the humitity rises. All these changes are normal and don't affect the quailty or sturdiness of your furniture. Don't put your furniture in direct sunlight, this can affect the colour and cause hairline cracks in the timber. Timber may naturally darken with age, this is not a defect. * Place padding under any decoration you sit on top of your item and we recommend you use coasters and placemats under dinnerware and glassware on table tops and don't place hot objects directly onto the surface. Regularly dust the prodcut surface using a soft cloth, do not use a sponge or dishcloth. A good quality wax may help to enhance the timber surface, always get professional advice for applying wax and cleaning should you require.
ZINC TABLE TOPS
* Your Zinc table top has been hand crafted with a rustic look and unique in appearance. It generally is easy to clean by wiping with a soft cloth at the end of each use. Don't place hot objects directly onto the surface. Apply a layer of good quality zinc safe wax with a clean rag as needed.
CANE FURNITURE AND SYNTHETIC WEAVES
* Le Forge manufacture our own Parisian Cane Furniture
Need to know how to get the best shine on your new marble table top? Or the best wax to use on your Amour?
- Article Count:
Our Sydney Showroom The Museum Of Everything.
88 Penshurst Street
Click here for Directions (Google Maps)
(15 mins drive from Sydney CBD)
Our Opening Times
Tuesday - Saturday: 10 - 4
Closed Sunday, Monday & Public Holidays